Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can I dye my dark brown hair to a red/brown?

I tried dying my dark brown hair a golden red brown color and only the roots changed and the rest got a slight tint. Should I try getting another better brand of hair dye or go to the salon? I refuse to have it stripped. I bought Revlon hair dye and I was thinking of maybe getting L'Oreal or Garnier. I don't want to spend much money at the salon. Do you think it would work if I got a lighter better brand? Opinions and advice please! Thank you. :)



Here is a picture of what I want.. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Nr...



Can I dye my dark brown hair to a red/brown?

If you have artificial colour in the hair and apply a lighter colour over it, only the regrowth will lift to a lighter shade so if your hair was coloured already, this explains your result. If you have dark brown hair and you want to go to an auburn several shades lighter I suggest going to professional colourist because we have professional strength products that can lift artificial colour without having to strip/bleach. For my client's I've used "deep" from aveda to lift coloured hair and it was a very even, predictable result. It shouldn't be overly expensive for an all over colour... go in for a consultation before anything else and please take a photo of the desired shade for your appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Faratech