Saturday, June 19, 2010

I need a hair dye that won't bring out my natural red highlights....is there one out there?

Since i am italian and irish, i have natural red highlights. but when i dye my hair, its WAY redder than it sohould be. I am just wondering if there is a ahir dye out there that won't...like, Make my hair look so red??



I need a hair dye that won't bring out my natural red highlights....is there one out there?

Either go to a salon



or choose a home hair color like natual match.



--



When hair is lightened it produces warm or red and yellow undertones. When red and yellow are mixed they produce orange. Where have you seen orange hair? Remember the scary trip to the mall or grocery store check out line? Now you know!



Referring to the 'color wheel' you know that you want to cancel out some of the red/orange undertones to prevent the dreaded orange headed affliction of the mall, but yet leave enough to keep the warm tones.



Since your natural color has a 'cool' base it will not turn as red/orange when lightened as a ' warm color' of the same level would.



This is because that as the hair lightens on a ' warm' color it adds to the reds and yellows that are already present. When lightening the same level of 'cool' hair, it adds the 'missing' reds and yellows to warm up the end resulting color. This can only be checked by doing a strand test!.



I need a hair dye that won't bring out my natural red highlights....is there one out there?

go to a salon and ask the people to mix a certain color that u would liek to have on ure hair.



I need a hair dye that won't bring out my natural red highlights....is there one out there?

i love red but if you really would like to cut down on the red then you would have to use something with some ash in it....ash cuts red....good luck



I need a hair dye that won't bring out my natural red highlights....is there one out there?

If I were you, I would go to a salon. They can put a drabber on your hair that will cut down on the red. I don't think you can buy that at a regular store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Faratech