Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ugh!! Super hair disaster! I tried to go Ash Blonde, but instead my hair is orange/red.?

Ok, so i attempted to go lighter and bought L'OREAL preference in ash blonde. My hair is medium/light brown with some faded highlights it in from last year. I really want to go blonde, but money is tight so i took things into my own hands. Now im stuck with nasty orange looking hair...is it possible to buy another blonde dye and redye my hair now that its lighter? Will my hair get redder? or actually turn blonde? Pleasee any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!



Ugh!! Super hair disaster! I tried to go Ash Blonde, but instead my hair is orange/red.?

I'm a hairdresser and you did right by buying an ash product if your hair is brown because brown will pull orange and red and ash cuts that but home product doesn't tell you how much or how little ash is in the product. If you find it light enough you probably would be OK to use another ash over it to cut the orange but if it is still to dark you will have to go darker or go to the salon and have it lightened, because in the drug stores they can only sell product with what they consider a safe amount of peroxide in for anyone to use and at a salon we can use double the strength. The reason I said if it is light enough is because color over color will only go darker not lighter in order to go lighter after you have colored your hair you must bleach it, now that my have been your problem in the first place if you has a previous color all over your hair.



Oh yeah ash is green and it cuts red/orange/yellow



Ugh!! Super hair disaster! I tried to go Ash Blonde, but instead my hair is orange/red.?

My advise is to never buy anything that says "Ash"



I have been in this situation way too many times.



Best thing to do is get a bleach rinse.



Ugh!! Super hair disaster! I tried to go Ash Blonde, but instead my hair is orange/red.?

Go to a beauty supply store like Sally's and ask the girls in there...they should be able to help you. You should look for a level 7 blonde with 40 volume developer....maybe even throw in a little packet of bleach for a kicker...Good Luck!



Ugh!! Super hair disaster! I tried to go Ash Blonde, but instead my hair is orange/red.?

Yeah for future reference never buy ASH. It turns my hair green.....



Ugh!! Super hair disaster! I tried to go Ash Blonde, but instead my hair is orange/red.?

My guess is that that your hair was too dark for the product you used, it just wasn't powerful enough to lift enough colour off your hair. You would've needed a bleach/pre-lightener to properly remove your natural colour. (Because colour doesn't lift colour, you need bleach/peroxide for it). Most you can expect from a colour is an end result that is a tone, perhaps two tones lighter than your own.



First colour to lift are the cool tones, to red/orange, yellow and finally blond.. provided you use a product that is strong enough. And this colour wasn't strong enough... since your hair is orange now.



If you think your hair isn't too damaged from this attempt, you can try a pre-lightener/colour remover to go properly blond. If there is a salon supplier near you, speak to a professional and they'll help you to choose the right product(s). You may need to remove all or most of your own colour and then dye your hair to the desired blond tone.



The fact that you chose an ash blond colour didn't cause the redness of your hair just now. In fact, the ash in the product is something that is used to offset redness. Had you used a golden blond colour, you would've ended up with an even stronger orange hair.



If your natural brown is a warm brown, chances are that even when your hair has been lightened, the end result may well have warm golden or red tone to it. A professional would use an ash blond tint after lightening to balance out the warm tones in the hair.



If you do choose to use a lightener, your hair may be too damaged to be dyed again with a permanent colour. Get a good reconstructor/conditioner, hot oil/hair mask treatment and give your hair a rest. Meanwhile use a non-permanent (8-10 washes) colour of your desired tone. It doesn't harm your hair anywhere as much as a permanent one.



Good luck.. Going blond is always much more difficult than brown/red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Faratech